National Material’s steel and metal supply chain management services are designed to meet the needs of each and every customer, tailored to meet today’s requirements and tomorrow’s growth goals. Our specialized team of steel and metal experts are strategic partners positioned to work with customers directly. We offer solutions serving many industries including automotive, agriculture, heavy truck/equipment, electrical/industrial enclosures, HVAC, appliance, construction, general stampers, and roll formers.
Founded in 1964, National Material Company offers 50+ years of leadership in supplying, processing, and servicing the metal manufacturing needs of diverse industries. With processing facilities and service centers in the U.S. and Mexico, NMC is strategically located to deliver its substantial capabilities.
How NMC delivers value at every step in the supply chain:
No matter how big the task, NMC can handle it
Materials from A to B at lowest possible cost
- Cost-efficiently linking 14 plants, steel mills, and a certified processor network
- Total freight cost in 1 invoice: mill to processor to OEM
- Custom designed for all NMC programs
NMC is the largest certified MBE Metal Supplier in the U.S.
- Supports your diversity spend goals
NMC provides numerous pricing options:
- CRU-indexed contracts allow prices to change
- Directed buy pricing – OEM negotiates price with mill, NMC buys metal at “directed” price
- Firm price for a short period (up to a quarter)
- Resale option – OEM negotiates price with mill, processor “resales” back to OEM at a price that includes value-add services
- Spot pricing – one-time purchase with quick turnaround
- Hedging/futures eliminates price volatility
Value added/value engineering
Providing value over & above the price of the steel
- Part appraisals
- Mass reduction—light weighting
- Product & process training
- And more…
Electronic data interchange (EDI)
Increases accuracy and efficiency of transactions
- Automated transaction processing
- Eliminates keystroke errors
- Reduce administrative costs
China supply chain management
NMC has extensive operations in China
- Expertise in sourcing metals and parts within China
- Import parts from China to North America
- Automotive tool & die manufacturer within China
- Tool and die engineering services
Using a network of partners, NMC can provide
- Roll form
- Press break
- And more…
14 steel service centers across North America
Our 14 plants have a processing capability of over 2,000,000 tons per year, and a total of 3.2 million square feet under roof.
Our plants are strategically located to save our customers on freight and shipping costs, which often ends up being a significant chunk of an OEM’s orders to a manufacturer.
- 13 plants with processing capability of over 2,000,000 tons/year
- 2 million square feet under roof
- Plants strategically located to save you freight costs (truck, rail, barge, etc.)
- Access to expanded capabilities through our parent company, National Material Limited Partnership, as well as multiple joint ventures partnerships
About National Material L.P. – With more than 3,000 employees from a multinational portfolio of companies, NMLP provides engineered metal products, which include aluminum extrusion and stainless steel rolled product companies, to automotive, aerospace, construction, defense, electrical, and industrial markets.
Visit National Material: http://www.nationalmaterial.com or call (U.S.) 847-806-7200, Diana Pulido.